- Gili Gede is known as one of the “Secret Gilis” which are a group of small islands off the coast of southwest Lombok. With a length of 4km x 1.6km at its widest point, the “dog nose” as it’s known, the island is quite long and narrow.
- Gede is home to five small villages of approximately 1,400 inhabitants (located mainly in the centre and southern parts of the island) who are predominantly fishermen.
- Paved tracks wind through Gede and run along most of the coastline, making it ideal for push bike riding or walking.
- The island sits within a sheltered bay that is suitable for sailing or pleasure cruising.
- There are long stretches of pristine, white sand beaches fringed by coral reefs and perfect for diving and snorkelling.
- Villa Selalu’s hilltop position overlooks the splendour of this natural paradise.
- The weather on Gili Gede is warm all year round varying from 25 – 35 degrees celsius.
- The water temperature ranges between a balmy 26 – 29 degrees celsius.
- The tropical rains come in Summer (December to February) with dramatic skies, incredible light and lush green hills.
- Winter is June to August and water visibility is crystal clear – best conditions for snorkelling and diving.