- The island of Gili Gede is unique with a delicately balanced ecosystem. It is an island that is unspoiled and untouched.
- To protect its pristine condition, we are committed to local government and the island community with their conservation and preservation programs.
- With the construction of our private jetty under way, we are working closely with an internationally renowned “Biorock” company which, through the use of electricity, can accelerate the growth of coral. This is a very important development for a small island like Gili Gede and for Villa Selalu, along with other equally mindful local companies who are at the forefront of this development.
- Fresh water is precious on Gili Gede. With the villa’s unique architectural design we catch all rainfall for use in our gardens, pool and villa bathrooms.
- We have a large organic herb and vegetable garden that provides fresh produce for our chefs to incorporate into our seasonal menus
- We do not provide plastic water bottles at Villa Selalu and do our utmost to reduce the use of disposable plastics wherever possible.
- We compost 95% of food waste.
- The villa is run on PLN electricity with generator backup if/when required.