COVID-19 MINIMUM HEALTH AND SAFETY STANDARDS
COMPLIANCE WITH GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND SAFETY AUTHORITIES
Assessment and action plans have been created in line with recommendations, policies and procedures set by Government Health Authorities to prevent, manage and mitigate the impact of COVID-19
VISIBILITY OF KEY AWARENESS MESSAGES
Advisory documents / posters are displayed throughout the villa to promote key messages among guests and staff;
- Promotion of hand washing for at least 20 seconds, (all parts of the hand)
- Respiratory hygiene and coughing etiquette
- The need for social distancing i.e. entrances, common areas, bedrooms, pool, back-of-house areas etc.
- Staff can advise guests of the villa’s COVID-19 preventative measures.
- Telephone numbers of health authorities, medical centres, hospitals are immediately available.
- There is a socially distanced arrival experience in place that minimises staff contact with guests.
- Leisure facilities and seating areas are reconfigured to promote social distancing – the living room seating, dining & casual seating area, pool and barbeque area and beach sun-beds etc.
STAFF TRAINING & POLICIES
Staff are informed to always observe good hygiene practises:
- Washing hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Frequent use of alcohol-based sanitizers to wipe surface areas in common areas
- Good respiratory hygiene (cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues in a lidded bin and wash hands)
● A procedure is provided that allows staff to report illness by phone (or email) ensuring workers are quickly excluded from work and advised to contact medical professionals immediately.
● Staff are advised to notify management if they see any co-worker or guests showing any signs of COVID-19 (symptoms being frequent coughing, fever and breathing difficulties)
● All staff including kitchen, housekeeping and cleaning staff are advised to inform management of any incidents noted such as requests for doctors’ visits & possible sickness of any guests in their rooms
● All employees receive training on COVID-19 safety and basic disinfection protocols:
– Additional training on the correct use of chemicals, wearing and disposal of face masks & gloves is provided for employees who have frequent guest contact, such as housekeeping, F&B, maintenance, hotel operations and security
● Face masks and disposable gloves are worn by chef(s) and kitchen staff where preparation of food is carried out and handling of food if required.
Additional training on the use of disposable gloves is provided to ensure correct and safe use;
- Disposable gloves are not a substitute for hand washing
- Food handlers should avoid touching their face, eyes and mouth whilst wearing disposable gloves
- Hands are to be washed immediately after removing gloves to avoid the possible contamination of food